Tiger integration in Fedora

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Mon Sep 5 21:01:11 UTC 2005

Stephen J. Smoogen wrote:
> Well.. it didnt work for me :). Mostly Bastille seemed to be a set of
> items to tighten a system down.. not check if something has been
> tightened down. As someone who is writing a bunch of stuff similar to
> tiger.. they are very different beasts.

Exactly. The point of Tiger is to run regular checks, like which processes
are listening to the network, which process use deleted files, check for
suspicious files and directories in various places (like /tmp/.x), check
which account seem to be dormant, check the content of crontabs,
etc...etc...
while Bastille locks down a machine once (and, hopefully, for all).

Both are valuable, not for the same purpose.

Aurélien
http://aurelien.bompard.org  ~~~~  Jabber : abompard at jabber.fr
is by accident. That's where we come in: we're computer professionals.
We cause accidents." -- Nathaniel Borenstein