su selinux message

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Sat Sep 17 11:37:39 UTC 2005

David Nielsen wrote:

>lør, 17 09 2005 kl. 02:51 +0200, skrev David Nielsen:
>

>>I'm getting the following message when using su
>>
>>Your default context is root:system_r:unconfined_t:SystemLow-SystemHigh.
>>
>>Do you want to choose a different one? [n]
>>
>>Now it's as far as I can tell from a user pov harmless, but it's
>>slightly scary, and I was wondering if it is intended.
>>

>After catching up with all the news, I assume this is related to Multi
>Level Security. Feel free to ignore this one, just got a tad confused
>following the few days of having selinux=0 set to boot and then seeing
>this.
>
>David

This should dissappear with the latest policy.  In strict policy you are
able to choose which context you log in with, if you have multiple login
contexts.  With the introduction of MCS, a second choice for
unconfined_t was introduced, so you are offered a choice
"root:system_r:unconfined_t:SystemLow-SystemHigh" and
"root:sysadm_r:unconfined_t:SystemLow-SystemHigh".  In the latest policy
the second choice has been eliminated.
introduction of MCS, m