anaconda segfault in rawhide 20050917 x86_64 nfs install

Willem Riede wrrhdev at riede.org
Sun Sep 18 21:24:04 UTC 2005

On 09/18/2005 11:04:35 AM, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-09-18 at 12:52 +0000, Willem Riede wrote:
> > I guess there's progress, but not much :-)
>
> There's lots of things changing :)   Unfortunately, testing the full
> tree effect is pretty time consuming, so we've been doing a lot of spot
> testing as we add stuff and then wait until the next day for the "whole
> tree" effect.  Unfortunately, given the amount of change, this is
> somewhat prone to causing problems :/

I do understand that - progress will come in many small steps.
If there is anything I can do to help (test), let me know, in
the mean time I'll continue providing you data points.

> > With Saturday's (17th) rawhide on my opteron I get a segfault a couple of
> > seconds into anaconda using nfs mount of the x86_64 rawhide tree.
>
> Hmm, that means that anaconda is running and it looks like we're
> probably into the X probing.  Could be a side effect of the kudzu
> changes to return NULL in some cases.  I'm not sure if I'll get a chance
> to prod at it today, but I'll try.

FWIW, today's rawhide has the same problem, but that version was probably
already in the pipeline before this mail exchange.

Thanks, Willem Riede.