SATA performance drop from FC4 to rawhide..?

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Mon Sep 19 18:11:10 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody have seen or even can explain what i'm seeing
here.

I recently installed an FC4, complete with all updates. Everything works
fine. My SATA disk is known as /dev/sda and hdparm t /dev/sda gives me
around 56MB/sec. Then I decided to make this machine a rawhide test
thingy so i disable all my repos and enable development and updates the
whole thing...

Now my disk is called /dev/hda and hdparm -t /dev/hda gives ~3MB/sec.

My system is ICH5 based and loads the libata, ata_piix drivers.

Any feedback is welcome!

I did open a bug on this a few days ago, but it hasn't gotten any
attention yet.

Thanks in advance

/Thomas