Kudzu conflicts with Kernel

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Thu Sep 22 20:54:12 UTC 2005

	:
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Conflict: kernel conflicts kudzu < 1.1.119-1
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: kernel conflicts with kudzu < 1.1.119-1
> [root at morpheus ~]#

> using yum-2.4.0-0.fc4

	I had to remove kudzu (which then took out firstboot, hwbrowser,
microcode_ctl, smartmontools, and system-config-{display, mouse,
network, network-tui, soundcard}.  Fortunately, nothing vital.  Then
reboot into the new kernel.  Then remove all the old kernels.  Now
reinstall the list of items remove with kudzu.  Several more items will
get updated.  Done...  Worked.  Now I'm happily rebuilding that kernel
RPM with the usb cdc acm performance patch that was posted to the
linux-usb-devel list a couple of days ago.  :-)

	Definitely NOT a pretty update.

  /\/\|=mhw=|\/\/       |  (678) 463-0932   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/