Gnome Screen Saver/Gnome Power Manager and Monitors

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 16:44:51 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 08:30 -0400, Thomas J. Baker wrote:
> The current version of gnome-screen-saver doesn't seem to implement
> display power management at all. Is it the plan that gnome-power-manager
> will handle this in the future?

It's sort of a middle ground. What I've done with gnome-power-manager is
to set the values for dpms suspend, and let gnome-screensaver actually
do the dpms suspend. I do not know whether the gnome-screensaver UI will
be able to set this value too.

Do you have an up-to-date version of gnome-power-manager installed? I
don't think rawhide has the newest released version, 0.2.4. It should
"just work"

There's loads of stuff happening in both the g-p-m and g-s CVS right
now, so you would be best of trying with those.

Sorry it's all so bleeding edge right now,

Richard Hughes.