Re: The Strengths and Weakness of Fedora/RHEL OS management

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006, Callum Lerwick wrote:

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 04:44 +0100, Bill Crawford wrote:
 Good: Exim; dhcp; xinetd (as opposed to original inetd although the basic
ideas are similar, the directory structure allowing split files is a big
improvement over the single .conf file).
Apache, squid, Xorg, gdm.

Interesting. Tell me what is the best way to enable XDMCP in gdm via a configuration script? I'll give ya a hint Enable=false is often defined in multiple places within gdm.conf and the line numbers for these statements have and will change.

Configuration files that require either a) manual editing or b) complex error prone scripting are _NOT_ "Good".

Cheers,
Shane