Re: rawhide->fc5; X won't start

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On 4/1/06, sean <seandarcy2 gmail com> wrote:
So X appears to start - Fedora logo comes up; no error on Xorg.0.log.

But no gui's will start - not gnome,kde or xfce. Does this mean X isn't
starting correctly so that the gui's can start? If not, what happens
between X coming up and the gui's starting?

Look in the xsession error files. Which should be in /tmp with filenames like
xses-username.randomstring

There may be noise in there that from applications that is unrealted
with your current problem so don't freak out if you see gobs of error
outputs in that file.

I've been looking for the xsession error files, but I can't find them. They aren't in /tmp ( I looked, I tried find /tmp -name "xse*" and find /tmp -name ".xse*" ) or in /root.

locate doesn't find them. Is there some switch that causes them to be generated?

sean