Re: The Strengths and Weakness of Fedora/RHEL OS management

As far as I can tell Elektra does not support configuration schemas.

For me that would be an important *option* that an application
developer can avail of. The schema can make sure that silly errors are
reduced (ie that integers are integers, IP addresses are IP addresses,
etc). The schema can also incorporate hits to a GUI editor (eg
appropriate widget to use, help text in various languages etc).

With a schema you get a user friendly and  robust GUI configuration
tool for free (ok -- that may not apply to complex applications, but
it would cover at least 80% of applications I think).

Joe.