Elektra's technical suitablity

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006, Joe Desbonnet wrote:

As far as I can tell Elektra does not support configuration schemas.

If I am not mistaken Elektra currently treats all plain text key values as strings. I think this is a feature and not a limitation. Elektra is friendly towards existing application configuration schemes. If it enforced key types (Integers, floats, strings etc...) things get a lot more complicated and it is not clear this is the right place to enforce it.

Perhaps enforcing the input types at a configuration builder API makes more sense, keeping libelektra free of the added complexity?

Cheers,
Shane