Re: Elektra's technical suitablity

Strings would be a sensible default in the absense of a schema, but I
think you could do so much more if you had the *option* to have a
schema in the infrastructure.

For each field the schema would define the data type (string, integer,
date, ip, username, enum etc), constrains on the values (eg "must be
integer between 1-5"), a help text or hyperlink to help, and GUI hints
(eg widget preferences: pulldown menu vs radio buttons, tab groupings
etc).

So instead of a system-config-blah for each application, you just have
one system-config tool that autogenerates a GUI based on schema.

Joe.