Re: Closed OSes exist for Closed content

Dnia 03-04-2006, pon o godzinie 08:45 +0100, Andy Green napisał(a):
> the model allows one
> copy of the install media to bleed into and dupe itself wherever it is
> wanted.  If that is one seat or 1,000 it makes little difference to a
> Free OS like Fedora since it has no per-seat income.
Yes it has. Firstly, companies like our sponsor Red Hat get money from
sold copies and donate some part of it to 1. OSS projects development,
2. fight software patents. Secondly, for any OSS project every user
means 1. bigger chance to find a bug, 2. bigger chance to gain more
developers.

Lam