Re: gnome/gtk v1 in rawhide

Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
Hi.

On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 15:13:29 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:

I think this is because they usually are not following the Gnome HIG, not because of the widget set used (and this is for good reason -
those programs are ancient, written before the HIG existed).

I think this is due to the smaller fonts they use. The same reason as to
why Windows desktops look different from the usual GNOME/KDE screenshots -
The windows standard fonts are smaller (I am not sure if they are antialiased
or not)

GTK 2 applications use Fontconfig, you can adjust the font size with gnome-font-properties and make it as small as you want.
The size of GTK 2 windows is mainly due to spacing between elements.

--
nicu
my hats collection: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/hats/