Broken dep chains (Was Evolution)

Hi all,

Jeff Spaleta wrote:

-jef"though my candidate for wackiest depchain in Core right now is
rhythmbox's dependancy on totem through the libtotem-plparser.so.1
library"spaleta

Yes it seems there are many interesting dep chains like this some solvable some not the above one would be solvabel by putting the .so in a seperate -libs package.

Maybe we should have a wiki page where wacked dep chains can be posted when encountered and then if some one feels like doing something about this he has a place to look them up, or should we just bugzilla them all? Jeff did you bugzilla your example? If not shouldn't you?

Regards,

Hans