Re: Why Elektra is the wrong approach (Was Re: The Strengths and Weakness of Fedora/RHEL OS management)

On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 20:19 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Well, you know after all the times Gnome people removed functionality
> because they knew better and future would prove them right, then refused
> to put them back in even after people did not get used to the new world
> order ("residual" complaints as Putin says in Chechnia), your
> declarations of undying love for not-in-gui-session-management can be a
> tad frightening.

Replacing all the old cruft with new stuff is bound to introduce a few
more bugs along the way. I think it's called... progress?

> But you can damn Pete for writing what a lot of people were thinking if
> you like.

That's nice.

At least I learned something today: Never ever propose anything that
might be a bit visionary on fedora-devel-list; you will just get shot
down by the vocal minority and you will get flamed you for the
improvements for the silent majority you helped create.

    David