Why Elektra is the wrong approach (Was Re: The Strengths and Weakness of Fedora/RHEL OS management)

Bill Rugolsky Jr. brugolsky at telemetry-investments.com
Tue Apr 4 18:46:01 UTC 2006

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 11:34:27AM -0700, Pete Zaitcev wrote:
> > Pete's condescension is right on target: core Linux components are
> > being replaced by people who, by their own admission, "hate Unix."
>
> There was no condescension, please take this back. And I never
> touched the subject of hate of Unix. What is up with putting words
> in my mouth here?

Didn't mean to put words in your mouth.  David referred to it as condescension,
my repetition of that word was merely in reference to his comment.  I should
have put it in scare quotes.

The "hate Unix" reference is from David's own comments regarding your blog.

Apologies.

> Since we're on the topic, I do not mind if someone hates Unix, as long
> as he knows Unix, so he is not doomed to reinvent it, poorly.

I wonder what Henry Spencer would say about reinventing Windows 98 poorly
as a warmup exercise.

	-Bill