Re: Why Elektra is the wrong approach (Was Re: The Strengths and Weakness of Fedora/RHEL OS management)

David Zeuthen wrote:

Replacing all the old cruft with new stuff is bound to introduce a few
more bugs along the way. I think it's called... progress?

On legacy operating systems, it turned out to be actually a dead end.

But you can damn Pete for writing what a lot of people were thinking if
you like.

That's nice.

At least I learned something today: Never ever propose anything that
might be a bit visionary on fedora-devel-list; you will just get shot
down by the vocal minority and you will get flamed you for the
improvements for the silent majority you helped create.

As a sysadmin I might be a part of the vocal minority, and I actually agree
that many of the problems you want to address are there and need to be
addressed - it's just that, and I believe many of the others are
actually trying to say just this, the proposed vision carries along a
price we're not willing to pay.

Just my $0.02,
Davide Bolcioni
--