Re: [OT] Re: Move Evolution to Extras?

Erwin Rol wrote:

Doesn't the gtk-qt engine create a GTK theme that uses a Qt theme ? With
other words GNOME applications look like Qt applications. For a gnome
desktop it would be better if there was a Qt theme engine that uses GTK
to draw Qt/KDE applications.

True, but who cares as long as the look-n-feel is consistent?

Also since Qt is GPL, doesn't the gtk-qt-engine introduce some licensing
problems, cause all GTK applications will than be "linked" with Qt, and
so they all should be GPL (which isn't needed with GTK)

I don't think a theme-engine counts as "linking" in the GPL-sense, but that's just my non-lawyer opinion.

-- Rex