pilot-link.org: Anonymous CVS Removed indefinitely

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Apr 5 17:36:03 UTC 2006

So they expect you to package the obsolete September 2003 release? 0.12.x is
now in "prerelease" state since January 2005 (!), when are they going to allow
you to package it? Time for a fork?

The maintainer himself says: "After almost 16 months of waiting, the first new
version of pilot-link is now available for testing. The last version of
pilot-link, 0.11.8, was released back in September of 2003. Its been a long
time coming!", "The commandline tools are much more stable, the main library
now supports many more devices and platforms, and code has been refactored and
cleaned up in a LOT of places, and MANY other things have been added or
removed." and "Many of us are already using 0.12.0-pre1 daily for our
production use. It is very stable, and works well for most current devices that
we’ve had the time and resources to test", which IMHO is reason enough to use
the new code despite his "big fat warning". As for GUI tools not being
compatible with the new code yet, how does he expect them to become compatible
if they can't access the new code?

        Kevin Kofler