Re: Red Hat's "Cowardice" against Software Patents

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Wednesday 05 April 2006 19:00, Michael J. Knox wrote:
So a RedHat Pro desktop solution?

I would buy it. Save the hassle of setting up the stuff that I need.

Michael

(note: read RedHat, not Fedora)

Why not 'Joe's Pro Linux'? Strip all the "redhat" "Red Hat" "Fedora" whatevers from the sources, add your wizbang stuff, release it. Nothing stops you from doing this. This is how things like CentOS exist. It just won't be called Fedora.

Of course. I agree with you there too.

Just trying to say, that both sides have merit. A RedHat Pro? Sure, works for me, Fedora Core 100% free? Works for me too.

However, I do feel this thread is out living its usefulness and breeding discontent.

Michael