Re: Red Hat's "Cowardice" against Software Patents

Eric S. Raymond wrote:
Michael J. Knox <michael knox net nz>:
Eric S. Raymond wrote:
Horst von Brand <vonbrand inf utfsm cl>:
Which SUSE? The paid one? No problem, they can pay for the codecs.
Which, I'm suggesting, Red Hat could do also.  I don't undesstand why this
is a difficult concept.
So a RedHat Pro desktop solution?

I would buy it. Save the hassle of setting up the stuff that I need.

It was one of my early suggestions in this discussion.  Later I tried to
develop the idea of third-party yum repositories to carry "impure"
stuff.

Which would also work...

However, the horse as been truly flogged now, I am sure you can see that.

Perhaps, as I stated earlier, that yourself and any other like minded person, should get together and start working on it.

Its more than clear that Fedora is not going to change (I don't think there was a request to make it change, but I could have missed that email), so its time to put step up and produce some results.

Michael