Re: "expected gains in market share"

Eric

re-partitioning is a significant barrier.  But we don't even get that
far if the user contemplating installation asks J. Random Linux Geek
"Can I use it to store my iTunes stuff?" and his answer is a lecture
about Ogg Vorbis.

I don't think that's a valid point.

If support for iTunes is a real requirement, then *all* linux distros will be unable to provide something that even comes close. Pester Apple for a linux iTunes...

If basic mp3 support is the requirement, then *all* linux distros (with some minor tweaks, sure) will do the job. I'm sure J Random would back me up on that.

-Cam

--

                                                                     <--
camilo mesias co uk