Today's rawhide xorg/radeon

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Apr 6 09:20:28 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 08:02 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Yes I think you're right on the money there, because of stability issues
> the radeon drm driver was disabled for > r200 cards in the currentl FC-5
> kernel. I believe its reenabled in the latest rawhide kernel but I'm not
> sure, go check the changelog.

Yes, it's enabled in rawhide, with some checks on the X server to make
sure it's new enough.

It'll also be enabled in the 2085 and later kernels if you use the
'allow_r300' module parameter when loading radeon.ko. I don't think we
built that yet though -- it's only in CVS. It's trivial enough to
rebuild just radeon.ko though, if you want to.

--
dwmw2