Re: Fedora with laptops/networking/docking stations etc

Peter Robinson wrote:

Similarly what's the status of docking stations support? With my Dell
Latitude when ever I undock then redock the wired network interface
(tg3) doesn't work and it takes a reboot to fix.

I have a Latitude D800, which gets used in various configutations depending where I vsisit

1) undocked with just internal LCD
2) docked to d/port with just external DVI LCD
3) docked to ad/dock with internal LCD and external VGA LCD

My X config is for 1280x800 which is the internal LCD, when I dock I get centered or stretched displays on the external monitor(s) it would be nice to switch to different display/head configurations, does hotplug "notice" docking events?