Re: Fedora with laptops/networking/docking stations etc

On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 12:19 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> I'm not sure about docking stations, sorry.

Why not expose the docking status in HAL so that g-p-m and n-m can find
out what's going on and modify policy accordingly?

I don't have a fancy laptop that can dock, but I'm sure someone that
does could take the code for the vendor specific set-lcd and get-lcd
code and scripts and make this "just work".

I think this is very vendor specific on how to get the docked status.

Richard.