Re: how to check file is open

imcc wrote:
Hi,

I am currently working on backup application which portable

On Linux, windows and MAC-Osx .

While taking the backup I want to exclude those files
Which are open.

In Linux lsof uses /proc/<pid>/fd directory to list
Open files.

Q. In windows how to check whether a file is already Open or not.
Is there any API for this checking or file property to check?

A better option would be use the Volume Shadow Copy Service on Windows, which enables backup of open files. That's what the bacula client for Windows does anyway.

http://www.bacula.org/rel-manual/Windows_Version_Bacula.html#SECTION000397000000000000000

Paul.