MyODBC for FC5?

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Mon Apr 10 00:13:47 UTC 2006

"Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com> writes:
> On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 00:41 -0700, Daigoro Toyama wrote:
>> Is there any reason that MyODBC has been removed from Fedora Core 5?

> Are you looking for the mysql-connector-odbc package?  This is new to
> FC5, IIRC.

Right, MyODBC has been renamed to mysql-connector-odbc.  This is mostly
to track the upstream naming of the package, but also because if you
have some urgent reason to need the 2.x version of the package alongside
the 3.x version, you can do it.  I'm not intending to distribute RPMs
for the 2.x version anymore, though.

			regards, tom lane