Re: FC6 faster boot

dragoran wrote:
I shutdown my box when I stop working on it, leaving it on is a waste of power (an money). When I boot it again (sometimes for simple tasks like prinitng a file). Its anoying to wait ages before I can do my work, for longer work it does not really matter, but booting faster would'nt hurt. Same is for laptop users, they want to open their laptops and start working... without waiting some minutes before they can start working.
You can say just suspend your boxes...
The problem is that it does not work on all hardware (for me after suspend network is dead, #187653)
FC4 would have booted faster for you if you had enabled early-login.[1]
[1]: if you don't have any nfs mounted dirs.

It seems that you should be advocating to get hibernate working on all hardware as this would serve the situation you described here best.

Demond