Re: FC5 Sound with snd-hda-intel not working. (alsa problem?)

>> On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, Stephen J. Smoogen <smooge gmail com> said:

   > Are there any special settings that need to be set? I have checked
   > that the audio isnt muted.. and tested it in windows just to make
   > sure I hadnt burned it out.

You might try the headphone mixer, rather than master, to see if that's
controlling the volume; it's a common misconfiguration on snd-hda-intel
cards.  (You can submit a quirk table patch to alsa-kernel if it is.)

--
Chris Ball   <cjb mrao cam ac uk>   <http://blog.printf.net/>