Bug or "Feature" Can not package manager gui with non-connected box

I am setting up a system in an area where I can not connect to the Internet. I chose a minimal install from the GUI, i.e. don't make it any of the pre-defined options. I was planning to return after the install and add the packages I needed.

The install finished, when I tried to add packages it failed immediately. I can add the rpms manually.

So is this a bug or feature in FC 5.

Harry Smith