Re: Bug or "Feature" Can not package manager gui with non-connected box

At 08:00 PM 4/11/2006, you wrote:
On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 19:29 -0700, Harry Smith wrote:
> I am setting up a system in an area where I can not connect to the
> Internet.  I chose a minimal install from the GUI, i.e. don't make it
> any of the pre-defined options.  I was planning to return after the
> install and add the packages I needed.
>
> The install finished,  when I tried to add packages it failed
> immediately.    I can add the rpms manually.
>
> So is this a bug or feature in FC 5.
>
> Harry Smith

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs/FC5Common

Rahul

Rahul: I looked that the Bugs before I sent the message. I didn't see any bugs that I thought related. Can you tell me the bug number.

Jesse: I build a FC 5 system that had ethernet cards but was not connected to the internet. (no could it be connected) During the installation, I said I would customize later. However, when I hit the add packages the add packages GUI messages failed immediately. BTW: I have also had problems with the nightly updates causing the machine to freeze.

Harry