Move Evolution to Extras?

Stephen J. Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 13:29:33 UTC 2006

On 4/12/06, Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 07:42 -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
> > Evolution belongs in the bitbucket.
>
> Alan,
>
> This is pretty scary. Switching people off email clients like
> this is a big problem. People get really attached to their MUAs

> I'm really surprised that folks at RH throw around such scenarios
> without thinking a bit about consequences. How can enterprises trust
> you with any technological guidance/decision when you are willing to
> do things that would cost them untold millions without even blinking?

I think that would be a stiffling of free speech on this list. "Oh I
work for Red Hat, I cant give my opinion about what a program does and
where it should be." Alan said his opinion and several other people
have too. Whether evolution is killed or not is the Fedora Execs
decision.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator