Re: Move Evolution to Extras?

ons, 12 04 2006 kl. 15:50 -0600, skrev Michael Young:
> On 4/12/06, Dimi Paun <dimi lattica com> wrote:
>
>         Not sure we are having a serious discussion. A lot of ranting,
>         not
>         a single serious proposal. The more we talk about it, the more
>         it seems
>         that the only reasonable thing to do is for RH to get someone
>         on Evo.
>
> Ok, here's a proposal. Someone with some influence talk to the Open
> Office folks, and ask them to adopt the Evo code, weave their magic on
> it, and roll it up with the rest of the OO.o stuff. Seems to me, an
> MUA is all thats missing from OO.
>
> That is all.. carry on.

No.. just no - I beg you

My brain nearly exploded when I read that to be honest, OpenOffice is
maybe the single product I hate more than Evolution combining them would
be so terrifying that even almighty Cthultu would be impressed with the
evil act.

I still favor a best of breed application approach with integration via
evolution-data-server or a similar solution.

We already have some components to work on:

Contacts:
http://chrislord.net/blog/Software/Contacts/

Dates:
http://chrislord.net/blog/Software/Dates/

TinyMail:
https://svn.cronos.be/svn/tinymail/trunk/

Hopefully that opens for the possibility of replacing Evolution down the
road.

- David