Re: s-c-printer GUI ?

Bob Chiodini wrote:
On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 12:06 -0400, Richard Hally wrote:
what is the correct fix for the following?

todays update from rawhide:

[root LinuxNew2 headers]# yum update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
development                                                          [1/1]
development               100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Downloading header for system-config-printer to pack into transaction set.
system-config-printer-0.7 100% |=========================| 8.4 kB    00:00
---> Package system-config-printer.i386 0:0.7.4-1 set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: system-config-printer = 0.6.151.2-1 for package: system-config-printer-gui
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: system-config-printer = 0.6.151.2-1 is needed by package system-config-printer-gui
thanks,
rh

To get past this dependency problem:

yum --exclude=system-config-printer* update

will exclude it for now.  I imagine the GUI will get picked up later.

Obviously not the right solution if this is the only update :-)

Bob...

Thanks Bob, it was a poorly framed question. What I really wanted to know was, has the GUI part been incorporated into the main package or did the gui just not get built? Or is there some other explanation?

rh