Re: xorg from 1.0.1-9 to 1.0.1-9.fc5

On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 23:49 +0200, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> Is the "fc5" postfix to tell that the update is only needed for a
> particular architecture or what does it mean? In that case why does
> yum try to update it anyway on x86?

No, the 'fc5' postfix was just a poor choice of name. The bug exists on
all architectures and scribbles on random memory. The mention of PPC is
just because it happens to cause this particular crash on PPC fairly
reliably -- we're not entirely sure how it manifests itself on other
architectures.

--
dwmw2