Re: Kickstart and roles

Paul Nasrat wrote:
On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 22:47 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
So I've been kicking around this idea for a while and wanted to see
what others thought.  Who knows maybe someone will be interested in
helping.

This may already exist so if it does please let me know but I would
like to setup a bunch of kickstart scripts for server and workstation
roles using only official Fedora software.  For example, lets say
someone wants a xen workstation.  We could setup a kickstart script
with everything they need, only the minimals and at the end, yum
update, configure what we can and on reboot, that user has a working
xen machine.

For the kickstart side you should checkout pykickstart that's a great
start, as we now have a library for reading/writing ks files.

Paul
Thats a good idea, I guess I kind of envision this as being a way to A) showcase what Fedora's become using only Fedora software. And B) allow others to have easy access to things like an email server or a Xen workstation.

   -Mike