Re: Fedora Bounties (seeking ideas)

On Monday 17 April 2006 03:39, "Arthur Pemberton" <pemboa gmail com> wrote:
> On 4/17/06, Patrick W. Barnes <nman64 n-man com> wrote:
> > On Monday 17 April 2006 03:09, "Arthur Pemberton" <pemboa gmail com>
wrote:
> > > What became of the Backup tool from last year's SOC?
> >
> > https://sucs.org/~davea/trac/
> >
> > The developer disappeared.
>
> Does that mean I can apply to do this? I am a freshman (I found out
> about SOC-2005 when it was too late) and I think Fedora is desperately
> in need of a backup/restoration tool, esp. since fresh installs are
> so..fresh.
>
> Also it is a lot harder for me to dissappear. www.pembo13.com

I don't see any reason why not.  It does qualify according to the SoC rules,
and it is something that we need.  It might help to coordinate with the rest
of our community a little better than the previous developer to get the
support and feedback that this sort of project really needs.

If you do apply for this project, please make sure you reference the previous
work and give a solid summary of what you plan to accomplish and how.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 n-man com

http://www.n-man.com/