Re: Ruby on Rails and Fedora

On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 22:59 +0200, Jos Vos wrote:
> I was surprised to see that Ruby on Rails is not in Core or Extras.
> But I found a nice set of RPMs: <http://people.redhat.com/dlutter/yum/>.
> Is this the recommended set of packages to use/rebuilt for FC5?

It's my intention to submit these packages to FE - I am waiting on
getting sponsored and having two other packages that I submitted
approved.

> Isn't it a good idea to include them in FC6 (Core or Extras)?  This
> stuff becomes pretty popular (I also hope to see it back in RHEL5).

Completely agree. If you find any problems with the packages as they
are, please let me know. The one known issue right now is that I built
them as noarch, but because of bz184199 I need to rebuild them as
arch-specific packages.

David