Re: Fedora Bounties (seeking ideas)

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Per Bjornsson wrote:

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 12:10 +0200, Leszek Matok wrote:
Dnia 17-04-2006, pon o godzinie 21:45 -0400, seth vidal napisa├┐├┐(a):
It just means we have to make an additional temp file and compare it
every time. It costs time for the generic case where the files have
changed and are newer. That being the most common case.
The most common case? Maybe if you use one server only. I use FC5
default config which uses a ton of mirrors.

The "fastestmirror" yum plugin is your friend - I really think it should
be part of the default install!
yum install yum-fastestmirror

I think the idea is to eventually enable it by default once the nasty little details like not working through proxies have been sorted out one way or another (there were some other bits as well on the todo IIRC, don't remember offhand).

	- Panu who hates proxies -