Re: Fedora Bounties (seeking ideas)

Hi all,

What I would like to see is a tool which automaticly generates /etc/sensors.conf based on motherboard information from dmidecode.

The idea is to identify a motherboard with dmidecode output and then look it up in a database to find the correct config.

So besides the tool doing the autoconfig, we also need a tool (webbased?) to build such a databse. This system would be best not be Fedora specific, I know upstream wants a web based database with known to work sensors.conf for different motherboards. Now if this webbbased system could generate a database file for use by a autoconfig tool that would be great.

I've been thinking about a system like this for a while now but unfortunatly I don't have the time to implement. I'm however willing and able to coach someone doing the work during the summer.

Regards,

Hans