AIGLX packages for FC5 (and rawhide)

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Thu Apr 20 16:41:52 UTC 2006

Matthias Saou wrote:

> I've tried enabling compositing_manager in metacity and restarting it, but
> then got :
>
> Window manager warning: Log level 16: Disabling compositor since the
> server is missing at least one of the COMPOSITE, DAMAGE, FIXES or TEST
> extensions
>
> Which is strange since my X log seems to indicate that all those
> extensions are present (although FIXES and TEST are called XFIXES and
> XTEST)...

The log _always_ claims to "initialize" the Composite extension, which
is broken.  If you just see the message:

(II) Initializing built-in extension COMPOSITE

then that just means your server was built with Composite support.  If
you also see the message:

(**) Extension "Composite" is enabled

then you really do have Composite enabled.  If you don't, you need to
turn it on in your xorg.conf:

Section "Extensions"
     Option "Composite"
EndSection