Re: Google's Summer of Code (Seeking mentors)

On Thursday 20 April 2006 21:02, "Michael J. Knox" <michael knox net nz>
wrote:
> Patrick W. Barnes wrote:
> > We have officially agreed to participate in Google's Summer of Code again
> > this year.
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SummerOfCode
> >
> > If anyone on this list would like to volunteer to be a mentor, please
> > contact the Fedora Mentors team.
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mentors
> >
> > When Google begins accepting student applications, the Fedora Project
> > will be among the available options.
> >
> > http://code.google.com/soc/
>
> What areas do you need mentors in?

We won't know what exact projects we'll be mentoring until student
applications start coming in after May 1st, but the volunteers we have will
have an impact on what projects we accept.  Volunteer your expertise and
we'll see if a suitable project comes in for you.  You'll have the
opportunity to claim whatever student project ideas interest you the most.
We'll be working to gather ideas on our Fedora Bounties page, so if there is
a particular project you'd like to mentor for, make sure it is added to that
page.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraBounties

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes