Re: Fedora Bounties (seeking ideas)

On Friday 21 April 2006 00:55, "Arthur Pemberton" <pemboa gmail com> wrote:

> Should I file a bug report on this? Or is there a reason that gdm gets
> installed regardless of choice in desktop environtment?

GDM is used by default only because GNOME is the default desktop.  An option
to use KDM when KDE packages are installed could theoretically be added to
firstboot.  The best way to handle this would be a unified way to tell when
different display managers are installed.  This method could be used to
determine what options to offer and could include desktop environments which
are only available in Extras or third-party repositories.  You can file a bug
against firstboot and see what happens.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 n-man com