Re: Fedora Bounties (seeking ideas)

On Friday 21 April 2006 07:20, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org>
wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 14:25 +0200, Frank Schmitt wrote:
> > Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org> writes:
> > > Sounds like a wrapper for sysreport which is available in Fedora too.
> > > Would be quite useful for the less technically inclined users.
> >
> > Have a look at KDE's kinfocenter.
>
> We need a desktop environment neutral interface.

There is, at this time, no such thing as "desktop-environment-neutral".  All
of the "neutral" stuff in Fedora is GTK2/GNOME-based.  The only significant
distinction here is that we want software that only requires the default
Fedora Core system, which happens to use GNOME, in order to function.  Tools
which provide GTK2 and CLI interfaces are best.  This is in contrast to
distributions which use KDE by default.  They might prefer QT and CLI tools.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 n-man com

http://www.n-man.com/