Re: FC5 rocks! / middle mouseless angst

Leszek

what about the legion of notebooks that lack a middle button?
FC5 has middle button emulation enabled by default. Personally I hate
it, but it works - press left and right button at the same time - that's
it!

I do that for pasting - but it's incredibly fiddly if you want to hit two real buttons and drag at the same time.

Another workaround is that I've set the trackpad to detect corner taps as a button-2 click. Again this is OK for pasting but an ergonomic disaster for dragging :(

Strangely I've got a separate mouse, and I find the overloaded click and scroll doesn't cause me problems.

-Cam

--

                                                                     <--
camilo mesias co uk