Re: Still much more than 350 sockets needed!

Wiese, Hendrik wrote:
Hello again,
we still need to know how to increase the maximum number of
possible open sockets per IP address! Here we got the problem
that no more than 350 sockets are possible. On another Linux
(based on LFS) it is no problem to open far more than 5.000
connections on the same way. So we know that it is possible.
So how can we break this limitation? Some kind of sysctl?
Kernel patch needed? Anything else?
It's urgent, so any kind of help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!!! regards,
H. Wiese

My /proc/net/sockstat says that i have 541 used sockets on a standard laptop???

could you a simplified version of the code to create all these sockets the way you do it?

That would allow perhaps more people to understand the problem/see for themselves.

/Thomas