Re: AW: Still much more than 350 sockets needed!

Andrew Haley wrote:
Wiese, Hendrik writes:
 > > > possible open sockets per IP address! Here we got the problem
 > > > that no more than 350 sockets are possible. On another Linux
 > > > (based on LFS) it is no problem to open far more than 5.000
 > > > connections on the same way. So we know that it is possible.
 > > > So how can we break this limitation? Some kind of sysctl?
 > > > Kernel patch needed? Anything else?
 > > > H. Wiese
 > if it works!

Try it yourself.  I reckon you'll run out of file descriptors before
you hit a socket limit.  To do any more you'll have to fork() in the
server and client.

Andrew.

Well...

I get way past 350 with these two test processes...
Got to 1020, then the process bailed with :
No socket: Too many open files

/Thomas