Re: [NEW IDEA] Automatic removal of dependencies

On 4/27/06, Callum Lerwick <seg haxxed com> wrote:

> Grasping at straws, eh? If firefox supports mathml and needs
> mathml-fonts to display properly, then perhaps firefox should be
> depending on mathml-fonts. Or at least putting up some kind of message
> like "This page cannot be displayed properly, you need mathml-fonts".

The problem is that there's not a good way yet of giving packages
'Suggests'/'Enhances' tags. At the moment all we provide are packages
with either 'Requires' or nothing. The idea would be that the package
manager would ask the user which suggests/enhances to install (with
suggests selected by default).

I would agree that Firefox should show a message about it though.

n0dalus.