Re: AW: Still much more than 350 sockets needed!

On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 16:54 -0700, Wes Shull wrote:
> Are some of the tunables in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/netfilter/ perhaps
> relevant to this?  If my theory somehow is correct, could it be a hash
> function falling down with a bunch of connections with a very similar
> signature?

$ cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_conntrack_max
32760

Near as I can tell its auto-tuned based on RAM size, which means on any
system capable of running Fedora it should be plenty big. (This system
has 512mb)

On a Broadcom based Belkin wireless router with 8mb RAM, it tends to
need to be increased a bit from default if you want to bittorrent...

And I don't know if this affects local connections at all. My guess is
it can depending on how you set up your iptables...