Re: [NEW IDEA] Automatic removal of dependencies

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 10:16:59PM +0200, Benny Amorsen wrote:
> How about simply adding a flag to rpm packages, saying that they are
> useless for anything except as dependencies? Most libraries would fit
> that.

If you want to go this [*] route, why have a flag? Just make your yum plug
in consider all packages which only install things into /lib and/or /usr/lib
+ optionally docs.

> It would be yet another thing for package maintainers to get right, of
> course.

Presto, there's that problem solved. :)

[*] crazy, if you ask me, but no one did